Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Gap standard

The last couple of weeks has been one of the more interesting periods that I have had in a long while. Nothing can be as good as meeting old friends and more importantly spending countless hours jiang niao hua and having a good time. And doing so many things in a span of one weekend. Here's a glimpse of the topics that popped up. From defining what organic food constitutes to discussing Blair & Iraq war, from Gap shopping to Gap standard, from a refreshingly thought-provoking 'play' in Dean Street to witnessing a refreshingly good experience outside Sainsbury (am sure someone would agree ;)), and from being introduced Functional integrals to introducing Copulas. Really does seem like enormous span of time and space has been traversed in only two-three days. Good time has been had.

And then just a week after, I got a letter saying that I have been exempted from one of the actuarial exams: ST0. May mean nothing to almost everyone who reads this. But to me, it means almost 3 months of my expected study life! Or simpler still, I can enjoy life three months longer than expected :)

For celebrating the exemption, I went shopping. Got myself a white jacket. Do I look good in white? I don't know. Just want to try something new. Weird, unique, interesting, bright, contrasting are the words that comes to mind. Mr. Tong seems to think it looked okay. But I am still sceptical. Looks like a medical doctor. But am slowly getting used to it though. But I am up for trying new things now :) And hence, I just washed it and decided to keep it.

Random news. My metabolism rate seems to have increased! Evidence? I am eating more, feeling less cold than people around me and I am even sleeping less. Ok..maybe the sleeping less is unrelated. Whether this is good or bad, I have no idea, but I just feel good. That's more important.

Life is just beginning to get interesting. London is beginning to appear more and more attractive than I first expected. I have a feeling that I am beginning to fall in love with the city more and more.

5 comments:

nana said...

wah you blogged :)

white jacket? take pictures?? sometimes can be VERY cool, sometimes can look like medical doctor.

you getting less cold, eating more etc. could just mean you're putting on more weight isn't it?? :)

and since you have an extra 3 months now - visit me!!

juangyen said...

yeah. just seems like time has been running faster after exams. hence, I decided blogging can wait.

dunno putting on weight or not. I still feel quite thin though. But my appetite seems to be approximating Mr Tong's now. hehe. mind you, he can eat.

About visiting, i want to la. But thing is, will be busy until July. Got a deadline at work now. And then after that, a bit close to my exams already which is in end of Sept :(

Anonymous said...

please dont go anywhere in October cos I AM COMING TO LONDON BABEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ( and Paris). But still it would be nice to have my own tour guides eh? :) Can't wait can't wait

juangyen said...

wow. that's cool.
when in october u coming?

Anonymous said...

should be there like mid Oct.. WOOTS WOOTS. You and Yu Meng better bring me round town!